Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

St. Paul

St. Paul Cathedral in St. Paul, MN

St. Olaf Choir
Vocalessence
12 Harps for the Berlioz

What I am missing?
Program:

VocalEssence Ensemble Singers:
O Sacrum Convivium - Olivier Messiaen

St. Olaf Choir:
Notre Pere - Maurice Duruflé
Vinea Mea Electa - Francis Poulenc
Ubi Caritas - Maurice Duruflé
Sanctus (From "Requiem") - Maurice Duruflé

VocalEssence Ensemble Singers:
Sustinuit Anima Mea (From "De Profundis") - Marcel Dupré

VocalEssence Chorus And Ensemble Singers:
Jesu, Dulcis Memoria - Pierre Villette
Exultate Deo - Francis Poulenc

All Choirs:
Psalm LXXXIV - Charles-Marie Widor

Intermission

All Choirs with orchestra:
Te Deum - Hector Berlioz

Had I been smart and forward thinking I would be either singing in this choir or have tickets to this concert (with my girl). Instead I heard a taste of what I can only imagine will be an awesome (in the original definition) concert and an absolutely magnificent space. I shall now cry myself to sleep.

~soundguy

No comments: