Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

I Jinxed It

Yes, as predicted EVERY school in the valley has declared a snow day. Except OSU. Good old OSU. Charging blindly on in the face of adversity, blah, blah, blah. This is what happens when your President is from Ohio. "Snow day? We don't need no stinkin' snow day!" I'm sure that's just how Dr. Ray said it, too.

Do you know who made it to the office today? Two of us. Me, and the other gal from Montana! I am in full righteous martyr mode this morning, laboring away while the rest of the world gets their precious snow day. So all y'all better get out there and enjoy it! And tell me how it was.

Sincerely,
Dutifully Disgruntled.

2 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

If it makes you feel better ... I had to go to work today too :). No snow days for us. Well I mean it is a snow day and for my work force that's a pretty exciting day :). We're well stocked with baking supplies and (you'll love this) getting ready to sort through toys and donate, recycle (i.e. throw away) and put away so that we're ready for what arrives next week :).

You storm has made it's way here I think ... it's picking up again. Guess who's schools aren't closed? Not a one I don't think ... those in good ol' Boise, Idaho. We're tough, not Montana tough, but tough enough to say "we don't need no stinkin' snow day" either :).

Happy Day ... enjoy the quiet!!

Erin said...

I have no snow day. In fact, I've never once in my entire life had a snow day. So, don't go boo hooing your lack of one measly little snow day my friend. Just think of us poor Phoenicians who NEVER get the luxury of a snow day. And no, we don't have extreme heat days either...I mean really, I'd like to hibernate in the A/C when it's 119 degrees outside, but do we get to? No. It is a sad little OResque cold and gray day here though.