Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Soundguy Brags

Sometimes you get your ego stroked and you just have to share the good news. Yesterday I was very lucky to audition for the National Lutheran Choir and made it in. Now some of you are looking at that name and rolling your eyes. Oh, there are the Lutherans again. Yes, I do live in the Mecca of Lutherland. I even work for the church and of course the only thing I hear about is Olie's, Cobbers and everyone wondering if I went to PLU.

The choral tradition out here is Sick. Everyone goes to Luther, Concordia Moorhead, St. Olaf, etc. etc. 6 degree's of separation must only exist on the West Cost cause out here, it's closer to 2 or 3. These people singing in choirs started under Christiansen, Clausen, Noble, Warland, Shaw and the like. Of course, these names were just names to me until I get out here in Lutherland. The little red rings with a C in the middle was just a cool ring on people's fingers until I realized that anyone who's a Cobber wears the ring.

Bottom line is that I get to rub elbows and make beautiful music with one of the best Choirs in the Cities next year. I will be standing next to people who are continuing the choral tradition from people who STARTED the tradition. I'm in heaven.

Wanna Hear more? Check out NLCA on iTunes.

If you don't know about the Dale Warland Singers, I'd also suggest checking them out on iTunes.

Thank you for letting me brag.

~soundguy

5 comments:

Nicole said...

You go, honey! Show those Lutherans how to rock it Episcopal style =P

Leah said...

Yay, congrats Jim!

...and I second Nicole's comment! :)

John said...

I'm so happy for you buddy...congrats!

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Wow!! Congratulations Jim!! That's very exciting!!!

Tracy Hovland said...

Jim, I grew up just blocks from Cobberville so I know exactly what you're talking about including the red C rings. And, I was an Auggie (Augsburg, of course, just a couple miles from you) which was also a Lutheran college. I share all of this with you to give you a sincere congrats. Knowing first hand the music traditions of the MIAC schools, I know this is a big deal. Can't wait to see you in Duluth next month! - Tracy Hovland