Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

That's All Folks

Many of you know that this fall I chose to take on just a little too much in regards to my schedule. Not only did I make it into the National Lutheran Choir, I had the joy and privilege of auditioning for and making it into the St. Paul Chamber Orchestra Choral conducted by Dale Warland. Both of those choirs have had a huge impact on me but it was really the full-time school work and four additional part-time jobs that thrust me into stress level 10. This last Friday I sent in my last exam for the semester. Saturday I flew to St. Louis for the NLC's last Christmas Concert for the Fall. On Sunday my church choir was amazing and added to a beautiful song service at St. Peder's. And today...

I AM DONE.

Sure, Christmas services are around the corner but my choirs know the music and I am ready to conduct them. I have no books to read (accept the bible), I have no papers to write, I have no music to learn (at this moment) and most of all, I don't HAVE to do anything.

Of course I am going to go tune some pianos, finish a sound system bid for a church and drop off some equipment from the trip. But that's stuff I LOVE to do so who's complaining. I'll leave you with some pictures from the Trip.


Beechcraft King Air 350 (amazing!)
The inside.
Welcome to the St. Louis.
The amazing alter at Christ Church Cathedral

70 Rank 1965 Aeolian-Skinner

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Enjoy the break.
~soundguy

5 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Merry Christmas Jim!

Nicole said...

YAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!!

You didn't say a word about flying home in the co-pilot seat. I'm a little surprised ;)

Unknown said...

What? You got to be co-pilot? That's my son!! What a wonderful time. I can hardly wait to see you and hear all the details.

Anonymous said...

You have nothing to do and you are blogging at 7:24 AM? I can recommend a man you can talk to who can set you straight on that sort of thing. I'm not sure but I suspect Mike now charges about $200 per hour. But, what the heck, you can't take it with you! (As Nicole keeps reminding me!) That's why I'm going to be cremated--they can burn the money too and I WILL take it with me! What an ASH, Huh!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to add that that looks like the plane I flew to the Arctic Circle in! (except it looks a lot healthier!)