Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Aloha June!

  June has been busy!  But busy in a lovely tropical kind of way, so we're not complaining =)  As soon as the graduates hung up their mortar boards we headed to the Aloha State for OSU's Hawaii orientation program.  
 
 All the new Beavers from Hawaii converge on Punaho School (where President Obama got his start) to start their "Beaver Nation Migration."  (Yes, we really call it that but I swear it wasn't my idea).   These are some of my favorite colleagues from around campus and we made the most of this tough assignment.
Thanks to an unused companion fare, Jimbo got to come along and join the fun work.  He probably learned more about OSU's academic programs than he ever wanted to know.  But we bribed him with shave ice very effectively.

Poor Sugar did not get to go to Hawaii.  Instead she got to go on vacation at her grandparent's house.  I honestly think it's her favorite place to be...thousands of square feet - much of it carpeted, another dog to pester, doting Mimi & Papa, and all the rawhide she can eat.  Needless to say, she didn't miss us very much.

In keeping with our Aloha-themed June, we attended a Lu'au housewarming party for our friends Dante & Jenn. They kept it real, digging a pit in the backyard and roasting a whole pig overnight.  Kalua Pork FTW! 

We made it up to Sugar by taking her to the party, sporting her finest Lu'au appropriate collar. 

Sending you warm aloha!

1 comment:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

I'm jealous!!
So fun that Jim got to go along too ... what a rough gig. If he's ever unable, I suppose you could twist my arm into going with you. Just something to think about.

And call me crazy, but I kinda think Sugar looks a bit like Jim in that picture. Seriously, the eyes and the expression. I hear that happens ... you start to look like your dog or vice versa? I'm not sure what that means for me and Daisy girl. I'm off to worry about that ...