Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my favorite Mom's birthday! I tried to be responsible and call her, but she was out having birthday fun and didn't answer her phone. So I'll leave my birthday greetings here on the blog and, sometime in the next week or two, she'll figure out that I didn't actually forget her on her special day. This kind of emotion is ripe for a made-for-TV movie.


Reasons my mom is rad (in no particular order):
* Single-handedly keeping the Post-It company in the black.
* Has an iPod loaded with classical music.
* Her philosophy on aging: "Every decade is better than the last."
* Frequently walks into a room, forgets why she's there, and wanders out again. Doesn't seem bothered by this.
* Will try anything. We taught her "Just Dance" on the Wii at Christmas and she showed us all up.
* Strategically places chapsticks in places where she needs them. At last count there were 14 chapsticks placed around the house and car.
* Cooks the tastiest healthiest tastiest food. Nom nom!
* Has an impeccable list-keeping system for everything but misplaces the list...
* Let's me win Scrabble every few years.
* Plays trombone like it's her job. I have yet to see her meet her equal.
* Her philosophy on parenting: "Let's just sit back and watch her and see what she does."
* Sings everything in solfege. EVERTHING.
* Is in better shape than I am, and probably always will be.
* Rides the bus because she thinks it's fun to figure out the best home-aerobics-Albertsons-home route.
* Doesn't sweat the small stuff.

I could go on and on, but I have to go to dance class (where I am failing miserably at Foxtrot, but having a lovely time doing it).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM!!! Love you =)

No comments: