Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday Musings

Lacking anything content-rich for the blog, I give you Monday Musings. Do with them what you will =)

* I like Michelle Obama - especially her JCrew cardigans.

* I've become one of those people who's ridiculous about their pet. I guess there's no going back so I'm just going to start owning up to it.

* I can't foxtrot worth a darn. Honestly, we just spent two weeks of our dance class on foxtrot, and it's already left my brain. I sure hope I'm never in a life-or-death dance off.

* You can have my blueberries 'cause I don't like them. You can have my blackberries, too.

* I'm ready for the OPB fund-drive to wrap up. I bet I'm not alone. I wish I had lots of money to give them so we could all get on with it.

* If I had lots of money, would my first stop be a public radio donation? I bet I'd buy a few JCrew cardigans first. Now I feel shallow.

* I just answered "What is Voice Over Internet Protocol, Alex" to Jeopardy and made my husband proud. I got a fist-bump.

* We rent. I'm itching to own a home the way that most women my age are itching to have a baby. I walk by new construction and coo things like "don't you just love the way they smell when they're brand new?"

* All my blog-worthy ideas come to me when I'm at work or falling asleep. You would think I'm a much better blogger if you were just rattling around in my head all the time. It's funny in here, I'm tellin ya.

* Did you ever notice that, right after you learn a new word, you hear it/see it frequently? The word "nascent" and I have been playing this game for about three weeks. I think my new subscription to TIME magazine is partially to blame.

* I like TIME magazine.

* I like Lady Gaga.

* I don't know how to reconcile the last two statements.

* I tried to make these for my valentine last night. Martha sure makes it look easier than it is. I think I'll just buy my ice-cream sandwiches from here on out.

2 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

* I too like JCrew cardigans and if we're just going off style, I'll even say I like Michelle Obama ;).

* I am one of those people who have become ridiculous about not having pets ... something about the freedom of responsibility? What? I know, I'm a parent and right now that's about all I can take care of ;).

* I would love to know if I can foxtrot.

* I will take all your berries, but especially the blackberries!!

* Laughing about OPB fund-drive, it seems like it's usually going on when we're there ;). I'm with ya, send them a check and get on with it.

* After winning lots of money, public radio wouldn't probably make my top 25, but shopping would probably be in the top 3 ;).

* It's good you know these random bits, it's like me knowing about router bits, planers and compound miter saws. It means we're smart engaged wives ;).

* New houses do smell nice.

* I wish I had a USB port from my brain to my PC, it would make blogging so much faster ... and so much freakier. Some things should remain bouncing around my brain and my brain only.

* Apparently I haven't learned any new words. But "Pinterest" seems to be popping up all over ;).

* I like Runner's World.

* I like Lady Gaga.

* Those seem to go nicely together ;).

* Are you so happy I commented with a reiteration of your post? Sorry, it was just so witty and funny and you it required a unique response. Let's see if PJP or Miss Red can beat that! ;P

John said...

*I love Michelle buy she can have JCrew. I'll take my Banana Republic.

*Fist bump on the OPB fund-drive. I tend to start yelling at the radio by day 5, "I've already given!!!!" Oddly they don't seem to hear me. I think that donors should get an express lane past the commercial breaks like Pandora.

*You don't want to smell your new house. Likely those are carcinogenic VOCs. Non-smelling houses ate better. And yes, I'm a nerd.

*I like Lady GaGa...and Katy Perry.

*I read Nature magazine.

*I have no idea how those two are compatible.

:-)