Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

ETSY Find: Self-Inking Return Address Stamp

Buying our first house gave me the excuse I've been needing to order a return address stamp.  A little hard to justify when we were renting, but absolutely essential to home ownership!

There are a zillion options on ETSY so I didn't bother looking elsewhere.  Since I was a liberated woman who didn't change her name the day after the wedding, all the really cute monogramed stamps were out.  Bummer!  Honestly, that's my only regret about keeping my name...not having a monogram.  And, if that's my only misgiving, I suppose I made the right choice.

So, anyway, back to the ETSY selections!  Eventually I settled on this one from Savethedate Design's shop.


Cute.  Simple.  And solves the mis-matched last names issue by eliminating them all together!  

About a week later our fancy new stamp arrived in the mail. 

She packages her stamps in little fabric drawstring storage bags - a nice touch.  Obviously I covered up our exact street address (you all know it anyway!) but you get the idea.

My excitement over this swell new self-inking delight (combined with a couple sick days at home) motivated me to finish up our holiday cards early.  Now that's an amazing stamp =)

2 comments:

Tracy Hovland said...

Christmas cards done AND bulbs decorated?! You are my hero. Darling stamp. I might have to treat myself to a house warming gift at that Etsy site as well.

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Love it!! I thinks we may need one too ... and I could totally rock a monogram ;).

However, aside from my stack of Christmas cards ... when would I use it? I hardly ever send mail. Maybe this would encourage me to send more handwritten notes?!?! Is it that powerful???