I was enlisted to help a friend make truffle pops for a wedding shower. When I figured out that they were easy, cute AND delicious I decided I'd better find a reason to make another batch. Thank goodness the youth group needed donations for their Valentine Dessert Auction! You might need this "fancy" trick up your sleeve, too.
To make truffle pops, you'll need:
- One regular size bag of Oreos
- 8 oz package of cream cheese, softened
- One bag of chocolate chips
- Cake pop sticks (from Michael's)
- Clear treat sacks (from Michael's)
- Cupcake papers
- Decorative wire garland or ribbon
1. Place cream cheese and all the Oreos in a food processor. Pulse until combined and lump free.
2. Shape dough into balls about 1 1/2" in diameter. Place truffles on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Insert a stick into the top of each truffle. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
3. Using a double-boiler (or your microwave), melt the chocolate chips to a consistency that will be good for dipping. Dip each truffle into the chocolate until uniformly covered.
4. Shake on some sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. Return truffle to the baking sheet. When all the truffles have been dipped, refrigerate for another 15-20 minutes.
5. Slip a cupcake liner into the bottom of a treat sack. Add your truffle pop (stick side up) and secure with a piece of wire garland. You can twist the ends of your garland around a pencil if you want them to have some curl.