Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Terrible Musician Humor

I ran across this ridiculous passage in a book I recently read, and knew it would be appreciated by the warped musicians reading our blog. (No offense intended - I count myself among you).

"Where are we going?" I asked Pedro, not really caring.

"A new dive just opened up across from St. Gertrude's. It sounds like our kind of place. Good looking beer-frauleins in tight shirts, lots of German brews, and Baroque organ music from a three-manual Flentrop with a sixteen-foot heckelphone you can really hand your hat on."

"Sounds sweet," I agreed, suddenly interested. "What's this place called?"

"Buxtehooters."

Groan! See, I told you it was terrible. But you still laughed, huh? Credit goes to Mark Schweizer for The Soprano Wore Falsettos.

1 comment:

Erin said...

waa waa waaahhh

gotta love music humor!