Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Yo Yo Ma!

That's how I answer the phone when this Crazy Liberated Woman calls me. "Yo Yo Ma!" She's such a good sport - she laughs at it almost every time.
Since I've made fourteen attempts to call her today (all unsuccessful) I've opted for the cyber shout-out. YO YO MA. Pick up the dang phone so I can wish you a Happy Mother's Day, will ya? This woman has big fish to fry. There's no time to sit at home waiting for the phone to ring! There are flowers to plant, mountains to climb, notes to be played, and the athletic club to keep in business. Then there's the matter of mastering her iPod...
I sure do love you, Mom! Thanks for going nine months without coffee on my behalf.

And a Mother's Day post wouldn't be complete without a nod to my future mother-in-law as well! We're still figuring each other out, so I'd better keep the snarky remarks to a minimum lest she think her son is marrying a heathen.
Enjoy the grace period, Pam. Who knows how I'll be answering the phone the next time you call ;)

Big love to all the moms! Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Her son is marrying a heathen...oh did I say that out loud? Love the pic of your mom with her ipod :)