Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

1 Year Down, 1 Year To Go

(Looking North as I took off from Seattle, heading back to MN)

The air conditioner hums and the blinds gently shimmer back and forth in my cool apartment. And by cool I mean temperature wise. 70 degree to be exact. It's back to the routine of sleeping, showering, cooking, cleaning, eating, going to class, taking a nap, reading, cooking, cleaning, eating and sleeping once again (with a workout somewhere in that list).

I like this routine and although it is void of a specific person, it seems doable. Being a student again has been tough but also immensely mind opening. As I dive into the depths of knowledge once again I continue to see just how huge the ocean is and how I will never be able to comprehend it all. Giving up though seems like a waste. How many people in the world just float along and ignore everything happening below them?

One more year of shifting routines, one more year of heavy reading, one more year of 4 jobs and a full class load. It will be a blessing to diminish the tract of land separating me and my love. It will be wonderful to shift into a regular routine that doesn't change every semester. It will be amazing to shift into a new lifestyle with my better half always close by. But right now, I am hooked on learning. I am stuck wondering what else is out there I should know.

One to go. I have a feeling I will be jumping from Sunday to Sunday, from visit to visit and season to season. Diligently studying and desperately trying to take in everything possible. Don't let this next season catch you off guard. Stay in the moment, learn everything handed to you and whatever you do, don't take anything for granted.

Peace and Grace during this summer season,

~soundguy

No comments: