Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ten on Tuesday

For the record: the "Ten on Tuesday" idea has been shamelessly swiped from my favorite Arizonan. Thanks for the inspiration, Miss Erin!

1. If my marginal memory serves me correctly, this is My Favorite Arizonan's anniversary. It was a pleasure to celebrate your wedding day with you. Sending you lots of love today as well!

2. SoundGuy inspired me, and I planted my own back-yard basil last night. Then I went back out to the yard just to smell it a couple more times. Oh, fresh basil.

3. Just finished the first of a dozen freshman orientation programs slated for the summer. This one was so smooth and easy it's almost unsettling! Hooray for freshies that know what they're doing!

4. Signed up for a tennis class at OSU this summer. Discovered that it's being taught by our high school tennis coach from Montana. Go figure! No matter how nostalgic I get, I'm NOT breaking out the 1996 purple tennis skirt.

5. Trying to find a compost pot for my kitchen counter - the indoor type with a filtered lid. Anyone know where to get them? So far I've located a $30 option at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. $30 to keep smelly rotting "green matter" next to where I'm cooking? Just doesn't seem right...

6. Have successfully weaned myself off mochas and on to lattes. The transformation continues. My mother just said "I don't believe it" out loud to her computer screen.

7. My head is full of wedding gowns and bridesmaids dresses after a weekend of shopping in Seattle with Brenda Lee. Certainly no lack of options...I must have wrapped 14 miles of taffeta around me in less that 48 hours. My jeans never felt so good.

8. Fully acknowledging that Brenda's real middle name is not Lee (it's Joy - isn't that nice?). In fact, Lee is actually MY middle name. Somehow it got attached to Brenda about 16 years ago, and I can't quit saying it. Talk about being stuck in a rut.

9. Have spouted, "There's an app. for that!" about a hundred times in the last week. I might be just the teensiest bit delighted with my new iPhone. Just the teesiest bit. Taking suggestions for must-have apps!

10. Just began reading Stubborn Twig and am enjoying it. Even if you're not taking part in "Oregon Reads" it might be a good summer read - especially if you're trying to look intellectual out by the pool.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Thanks for the anniversary love! We had a great time on our little mini vacation in La Jolla. We enjoyed some ocean time, a nice massage and some fabulous food. Missed my usual 10 on Tues post, so thanks for taking it over for me! Oh and my basil is just a tad out of control, I'm thinking I need to make vats of pesto some time soon.