Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

iPhone Restore and Loud Pitched Noises

Hearing the plethora of iPhone Battery issues with the latest 3.1 update and seeing some issues I am having myself I thought I would post a little tech post for those surfers looking for the same info.

1. RESTORE YOUR IPHONE: whenever a new release comes, it is always smart to not just "update" the phone but do a full restore. When it asks you if you want to download and update your iPhone to the newest release, simply download the software only. While it is downloading, make sure you run a backup and get the latest changes you made on the phone. Then Restore! When it is done clearing the phone and restoring it will ask to restore from your backup you just made.

Reasons for doing this. a) Latest update 3.1 proved horrible for battery life (choirpres can vouch). 2) Future updates could have similar problems and really, what tech device doesn't need a clean install now and then. III) You insure you get the proper update installed correctly on the phone.

2. Do you or have you ever had the odd situation where you dial out off the iPhone and instead of getting that nice gentle ring ring ring, you get a Loud High Pitched Noise or screech from the phone. It hurts, and when your headphones in cannot be good for your ears. This happens to me about every 20-30 calls and seems to happen in spurts. Nobody out there is reporting it or I don't know how to describe it. Maybe it's just my phone but I thought I would post and see if any has similar problems.

Thank you for putting up with another boring tech post. Time for coffee.

~soundguy

1 comment:

John said...

One month in and still loving my G2 Android phone. Go Google! (and Apple too, though I have to say...not entirely impressed with the Snow Leopard update) :)