Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

6 Weeks

I seem to be living my life in 6 week segments. It has become a very strange routine that I have finally become mildly comfortable with, of course in a couple hundred days (see to the right) it will all be over. In the end, I will remember my Luther Seminary Experience by two things:
First, the season and Second, between which two visits of the girl did something happen.

For example: I remember last fall from when I dragged ChoirPres around Cross Lutheran while Joshua and I tried to electrocute ourselves. She was running around with the camera taking pictures like the one on the right. So cute. So cute. I of course was on a 25 foot ladder (thanks for holding it Joshua) installing a new light fixture and had no clue what she was up to until the pictures got downloaded to the computer.

What happens in between those trips gets pretty blurred together with lots of reading and paper writing and singing and conducting. It all is fantastic and if you happen to be in MN this Advent Season, come to Luther Seminary on Dec. 13th at 2:30pm for a great Advent Service conducted by the MSM's of Luther Sem. Midline ad...oh ya. More on that later.

I will forever remember the time between the October and the Thanksgiving visit as the time when this guy decided to show up early in Oregon and break his leg not a quarter mile from my dad's favorite golf course (I am convinced he saw a hot women in the parking lot and was trying to hit on her and turned too quickly). Had he done it in Arizona or Alaska he would have been in some serious trouble.
Luckily firemen like cute puppies (see picture) and the Davidson's know all about springing into action. Of course, had I been
around the fiasco might have been a little less stressful for everyone involved but in the end, 5 screws, a bolt and two of the most amazing angels in the world later (thanks Sandy and Dean) he's back in MT safe and sound only a little worse for the wear. And the cute little puppers you ask? She keeps breaking my heart via blog posts, emails and pictures while leaving what looks like quite a few messes and messed up sleep patterns by those who have jumped in to take care of her. I think ChoirPres enjoyed the walks with Ms. Sugar but the peeing on the floor and the high levels of energy gave her a little pause about wanting a puppy sooner rather than later. That or she'll just wait for my presence so I get to chase the fur children around while she cuddles and loves on them. Needless to say I am anxious to meet Sugar (beyond anxious actually...if she showed up on my door step tomorrow I might be satisfied but really, I want to play with her NOW...toddler temper tantrum ensues...)

A few minutes later I recomposed myself, reminded myself that my apartment is not puppy ready and that I can barely afford food for myself, let alone a growing puppy. Speaking of, this segment of time brought my beautiful parents out to visit. Not only did they bum around with me in MN and check out the things that needed checking out, they heard two of my concerts, paid for a Costco run and hooked me up with some NEW CLOTHES (according to unnamed friends my wardrobe was needed a little attention). Seriously, I have no clue how to thank them properly for being constantly involved and apart of my life. I love you both Mom and Dad...thanks for giving me the world.

Of course this all just leads me back to the fact that I sit here squarely in the middle of this six week segment still. It is about this point the apartment feels really empty, sunsets are just reminders of the fact that the ChoirPres isn't here and all I can do is dive back into the studies hoping that Thanksgiving comes quickly.

This all just makes you appreciate what you have. Earl, thanks for keeping things lively even at long distances...keep sending and posting puppy pictures. Thank you to family and friends who still stay in touch (Matt Hoffman, this is a major hint). Thank you again to my parents and sister for keeping tabs on my fiancée and keeping me sane, fed and clothed. And one big final thank you to ChoirPres for putting up with my crazy dreams. I love you and hope to keep making you proud.

soundguy out

No comments: