Pages

Friday, November 20, 2009

Is it Full Moon?

I receive a lot of email at work - some of it bordering on "strange." Every now and then I get a real humdinger, and I couldn't resist sharing the one I received this morning.

Hello!
I'm majoring in ***** with an emphasis on *****. I'm thinking
***** College is where I'll end up to finish my four year degree. Beta Carotene from carrots. A French fry is a cooked potato. Potatoes contain starch. Rice is also a good source of starch. Niacin is one of the active ingredients of what we call a turnip, as I've heard. Diets high in
turnip consumption help damaged nerves to heal, I've heard said. Welcome to the fun filled world of Food and Nutrition 201: Dietary Pharmacology; the Chemistry of the Kitchen. Here is where we actually study the biochemistry of foodstuffs we ingest. Here is where we have a deeper understanding of what's been provided to us, and in what combinations these items we eat help us heal from disease. Tobacco is said to be a helping hand to people who suffer from allergies and/or black lung disease. Modern Science has promoted a death row inmate, posthumously, to the level of the current model for all of medicinal thought. I don't think Modern Science passed Botanical Pharmacology! And, if you didn't, perhaps you shouldn't comment so much on tobacco use and it's effects on a healthy lifestyle.
Sincerely,


Huh...I'm not even sure what to do with that. I'm tempted to go back to my days as a Psych student and investigate the stream-of-consciousness action...

Any suggestions for my response are welcomed!

2 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

That makes my head hurt...

Unknown said...

Have you been on an anti-tobacco speaking tour that I don't know about? Is that the point of the rant? Weird!