Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

You Know You're A Redneck If...

...folks bring their shotguns for the family photo. L-R: My "aunt & uncle" Sandy & Dean, Pop, Jim, and me.

We had this taken on our family trip to Virginia City this summer. I've always wanted to do one of these silly photos, and it was pretty easy to talk the rest of the crew into it. My Dad and Dean wanted to be Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and I think they really looked the parts!

Options for the ladies included some high-collar school marm stuff and a sea of petticoats. I wasn't quite sure which direction to go, but Sandy turned to me and said, "let's be tarts!" and that was that. She sure is a good influence.

And, of course, Jimbo had to be the pious one. But that's only after Pop wrestled the shotgun out of his hands. Leading up to the click of the shutter, Jim was determined to be clutching both the bible and the shotgun. Not sure what to make of that but I'll let the seminary administration sort him out.

3 comments:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Love it! Thanks for a big smile this morning, I needed it :).

Leah said...

i love this! you all look so great and you're a smokin' tart! :)

Princess Jessie Pants said...

Hee hee, I had forgotten about Jim & the gun wrestling. :)

Great photo - glad you posted it here.

xoxo