Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

April 6th

I had a realization today, it's April 6th. Besides some great birthdays around this time of year I also realized a few other things.
  1. In a month I will be putting together my final project.
  2. In two months, I will be back in Oregon.
  3. In hopefully three months, I will not only be reunited with my beautiful Fiancée but we will probably be with our dog Sugar (see above).
  4. In FOUR MONTHS I will be at a rehearsal dinner getting ready to marry said Fiancée.
It's the final stretch, it's the end of the road, the last great hurdle, the light at the end of the tunnel... Two years of studying, singing, working, praying, worshiping, shoveling snow, avoiding tornados, losing people, losing cars, driving cross country, flying to oregon, flying to minnesota, blogging, more studying, long phone conversations, video chatting, text messages, email and IM. It's been a whirlwind but through it all, I've had her. The ChoirPres, the BestFriend. The Soulmate. The Love of my Life.

And now the best part, actually knowing that she will be stuck with me, in the same house, for the rest of her life. Not just in her earbuds or on the IM. I get to be there (with Sugar of course) when she gets home, when she wakes up. I get to make her breakfast and coffee, take out the trash. She gets to do my laundry. Oh Laundry Fairy, I can't wait to have you back in my life. I get to fix her car, keep the house vacuumed (with the Dyson that some wonderful person just might buy us from our registry...hopefully :). I will balance OUR checkbook, take the dog for a daily run, randomly buy her flowers for no apparent reason. She will do my laundry.

Oh 54 days, you will come just fast enough. I can't believe we made it this far. Thanks for getting me through it babe. I owe ya.

Here's to the home stretch.

~soundguy

5 comments:

The Lovelys said...

I think I might sign Henry up to write a blog. Beautiful message to your sweetie!

Tom and Holly said...

I thought I was the only laundry fairy :-)

Nicole said...

Thanks, Holly! It's nice to know that I'm in good company!

Erin said...

So if we get a dyson, will Shawn vacuum? It worked for another one of my friends....

adorable post by the way.

richdad said...

hai..cute dog on your photo