Pages

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Last Day At St. Peder's

Dear Blog Readers,

Today was a tough day, my last Sunday at St. Peder's. It kills me to leave this wonderful congregation and I can't express how blessed I have been to be apart of their ministry. If you are in Minnesota and looking for a real wonderful congregation head to South Minneapolis and visit St. Peder's. They are real people, real lovers of God and never take themselves seriously. If only I could make this place my home. :-(
Rita of course wrote me a fair-well song based on Do a Deer.
Group Photo with the choir.
Annette and Rita.
Elliette, talk about a cute baby.
My Best Buddy Malcom, I'm gonna miss him and his little sister. Talk about a kid that's going places.

I will miss you all but will keep you in my heart forever. Thank you for the love and support of getting me through this period in my life (even though I wore a dress every Sunday). You have all blessed me beyond my wildest dreams.

Jim

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet and so sad, all at once. I can imagine how you (and they!) feel. You obviously will have to go visit them sometime -- maybe they have handbells that need tuning!
--Tomi

Nicole said...

I agree - a very sad day. The people of St. Peder's are truly special. I'm not sure I've ever been welcomed more warmly. And they serve good coffee!