Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

YON Progress Update: #12 Craft

I made a little progress on the Year of Nothing list! Today I can report finishing two craft projects...both of which have been sitting patiently for quite some time.

First, a mini-book from my bridal shower way back in April. The girls started this little book for me as a shower gift, and I finally finished it up!

I added my copy of the invitation (since it was a work of art ala Erin).
To keep it simple, I printed photos and adhered them back-to-back to make their own pages.

We had shower games that were actually fun (who knew?!) and I saved them in a vellum envelope. It's pretty funny to read back over them, even now.

I saved a tag leftover from the favors. Needless to say, the M&M's didn't last...

When the girls started the book, they printed a bunch of these little fill-in-the-blank prompts. Each shower guest filled one out, documenting how long we've known each other, where we first met, their favorite memory of our friendship, and some relationship advice. I paired them up with photos of each gal.

And finally, I had one leftover thank-you note to include as well.
So...this project came to the finish line in just barely less than a year. Sheesh! The good thing about being behind on the project was the joy of reliving it over the last few days.

What took even longer (TWO years and 16 days to be exact) was finishing my Happy Book from the day we got engaged.


This one sat half-finished for over 18 months. Long enough that I even notice changes in my style from start to finish! Again, it was a fun trip through the special memories and I'm so HAPPY it's complete ;)

1 comment:

Erin said...

hooray for finishing projects. I have a bout a million unfinished items in my craft space. Love how your shower book came out. too fun!