Pages

Friday, March 20, 2009

Covering the Distance

In a few hours I will be slamming my headphones deep in my hears, listening to some glorious master work of Duruflé, Schütz, Palestrina or other while reading one of many books that I am expected to finish in the next 12 days. The rumble of the plane and the inability to find that perfect foot position will accompany me for the 4 hour flight. Below me, rolling tundras, lakes, mountains, frozen sections of land and little spects of people will glide slowly by as we scream through the atmosphere at 500 miles an hour.

For the three hours of uncomfort and feeling on the verge of motion sickness I will gain 8 beautiful wonderful glorious days with my Fiancé. For that I am pretty confident I would fly around the world. Here's to covering the distance between the land of ten thousand lakes and the land of tall green fir trees.

~soundguy

No comments: