Pages

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Monkey in a Cage

Do you ever get the feeling you are just stuck in someone's experiment? Sometimes I feel as though technology has removed everything that makes us human out of the equation and put us in a cage where everything is just handed to you. Like the poor monkey who is fed bananas or the dolphin that opens its mouth and gets a fishy snack.

Today I felt like the mouse on the little wheel as I ran on the treadmill looking out at the Minneapolis skyline in the distance. I was going nowhere staring at a huge human creation that I didn't even want to be running towards. If I am running, shouldn't I be chasing my dinner? If I am lifting a heavy weight, it should be the kill from the day that I have to drag back to my cave, not a forged piece of steel that has no use in the world accept to be lifted up and put back down.

In the matter of love, I feel like I should be challenging another suitor to a duel or clubbing the woman of my choice and dragging her back to the cave. ::rubs his chin:: That would be an easy fix to the Oregon-Minnesota conundrum. I'd sure have to drag her a long way though.

~soundguy

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh brother. When did you go all neanderthal on me? I guess that would explain the crazy facial hair and grunting, huh? If you modify the Subaru for Fred-Flintstone style pedaling I'm outta here.;) "Wiiiiilllllmmmmaaaaa!"

BethR said...

I'd really LOVE to see you try to club ChoirPres over the head and drag her to MN! Seriously SoundGuy? You know you are engaged to one of the MOST independent, modern, and self-sufficient women on the planet, right?

Nicole said...

Thank you, Phoenix! What episode of the Monica/Chandler love affair would this be? The one where Chandler thinks he wears the pants? As I recall, that lasts about seven minutes. Maybe SoundGuy wants to go for a new record?