Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

It just doesn't seem right. April showers bring May flowers, right? Isn't that what we were taught to sing as children? As I sit here a light flurry of snow dusts the world outside my window. Seeing that the beginning of April holds a little more joy and importance in my life that most other months (being that it's my Birthday and all) I never enjoyed April Fools. I am however waiting for the sun to jump through the clouds and the world to suddenly turn green just in time for God to boom down in his loud voice (or on a coffee cup) "HA HA HA, April Fools!"

Spring in Minnesota is not what I expected. Snow, sleet, rain, hail and temperatures that jump from 20 to 65 in a day. This might be worse than winter. At least I knew what to expect.

~soundguy

1 comment:

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Well it seems like we've all been a bit "fooled" by the weather. While not the extreme of good ol' MN, we're still very cold here ... thankfully we have the blessed sun shining on us more than not. A cold day with sun still isn't too bad!

So is today your day? Or coming soon? Either way "Happy Birthday." And hopes for some real spring weather to hit there soon (probably just as you're heading back to Oregon for the summer ;)).

I forgot to tell you that during our last visit with Tim & Jessie, Ben & Amanda (and Baby Sophia) came over for dinner and Ethan kept calling Ben, "Jim." :) So I bet he'd love to play legos with you again really soon! Maybe this summer we'll have a playdate :P.

Happy Day!