Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Craftiness

SoundGuy has definitely been keeping our tech-savvy readership (notice I did not call them "geeks." I'm learning.) happy with his recent posts, but what about the crafty contingent? Given the fact that I am blogging on an outdated 6-year-old laptop, listening to NPR on a 1992 boombox which only plays CDs when it's rigged up to my 1994 discman, and uploading pictures from my 2.0 megapixel state-of-the-art-when-I-bought-it-eight-years-ago camera, I think it safe to say that I will be looking out for the crafty contingent. The tech-savvy readership isn't exactly recruiting me to be their poster-child. All that jibber-jabber was basically my round-about way of saying, "if you aren't interested in seeing crafts I made recently, you can stop reading now."

And there went the tech-savvy readership. Right back to their Google Reader to see what "Make" magazine will tantalize them with today. It's been real, Techies! Twitter when you get work!

So, for Jessie, Erin, and Andrea, here's what I've been up to...

I finally finished the May Picture-a-Day book inspired by Andrea. I'm not normally a mini-book kind of gal, but this was such a fun project. Especially because May was a busy month and lots of great things were documented by this little book.

Couldn't resist a little 8x8 page to document my most recent slumber party with Miss Erin. What you don't see in the photo are a heart-monitor, the partially deflated air-mattress, and two cats trying to share it with us. Erin and I sure know how to party. Sidenote: Don't you think a story that starts with "...a heart monitor, a partially deflated air-mattress and two cats..." is intriguing?

Some miscellaneous photos I've been meaning to scrap.

And, speaking of the crafty contingent, here's some great girl time celebrating Jessie's birthday. Incidentally, that mimosa turned out to be her last adult beverage for quite a while. I think she went out on a good note. And what a treat that we all got to be there for the big news the next day!

One of my new favorite things is the 6x12 page. Yay for new shapes! And yay for Brenda Lee's wedding shower giving me yet another excuse to scrap!Link
Yes, as the particularly astute readers may have noticed, this photo was taken on our NYC trip almost three years ago. Yes, I am just now getting around to doing something with it. When I said miscellaneous, I meant it!

But here's my favorite thing about this page - it's not really paper. It's actually more like plastic. I excitedly pointed this out to Jessie yesterday, thinking I was really on to the next big thing, and discovered that this is old news. Apparently I am among the last to know, but that's okay because the see-through-ness totally floats my boat. Now I see why Pioneer Woman always complains about the way her hands look in photos...

A two-page LO from our recent Chicago trip. I sound like one hip chick using the layout abbreviation, huh? Saves time, too. I didn't even have to bother typing the whole word "layout." Instead I typed several sentences about how I just saved myself some typing.
The next two pics go together. I did four 6x12 pages and put them all in one sleeve, stitching down the middle (an idea stolen from Erin). Here's one side:

And that's the other.

Finally, I was feeling totally overwhelmed by the HUNDREDS of scenery/wildlife photos from our Alaska trip in June. My dad bought a fancy camera just before the trip. It had way more than 2 megapixels and the "blast" function that lets you take multiple photos per second. (Is it called "blast"? I can't remember. And I just called both of SoundGuy's cell phones to ask him but didn't get an answer. Oh well, if I'm wrong I suppose it's just in keeping with the nature of this post). Needless to say, SoundGuy got his hands on that gizzmo and ran amuk. Luckily, I recently got a new printer (thanks, Pop!) that will print contact-sheet sized photos. I still plan to do some other Alaska pages with bigger photos, but this was such a great way to remember the amazing sights.
I actually finished a couple more pages with Jessie yesterday, but couldn't photograph them because the teensy little 16MB card in my state-of-the-art-when-I-bought-it-eight-years-ago camera was full. Good grief. Maybe I'll go pop a video in the VCR...

2 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

You are a funny, funny girl!! You made me laugh out loud (LOL) :) several times in this post. Plus, I love the LO's. AND - I completely forgot to look at your May book on Saturday!! Yikes! What was I thinking?! So I'm hoping maybe you could bring it with you tomorrow night?! :) Loves!!

Erin said...

Yeah! I actually said "I love Nicole" out loud while reading this post! You're the best...even if you have to remind me of the dumb heart monitor! Love your crafty goodness!