Pages

Saturday, November 15, 2008

I Can Tell the World...Song of the Open Road

Greetings Faithful Readers! Don't you think it's time for another insight into our souls by way of the email forward? I thought so too. This one is interesting, though, because it will also give you an insight into our music libraries. Oooh - Aah! I know you've been just dying to know what we listen to. Here are the instructions we received:
"Put Your iTunes, Windows Media Player, MP3 Player, or whatever on Shuffle. For each question, press the next button to get your answer. You must write down the name of the song no matter how silly it sounds. Put any comments in brackets after the song name."

I've included Soundguy's answers (S) as well as my own (P). We suspect these questions were written by a middle-schooler (didn't we agree to send all the middle-schoolers to a remote island until they got normal again? Since when is there Wi-Fi on remote islands?) but they are still kind of fun.

1.If someone says, "Is this okay?" You say?
S: Circlesong One - Bobby McFerrin
P: Young at Heart - Joss Stone

2. What do you like in a guy/girl?
S: Der Ansteig - Strauss
P: Love Song for a Savior - Jars of Clay

3. How do you feel today?
S: Crush - Mandy Moore (how'd it know??)
P: There's Your Trouble - Dixie Chicks (actually, not so much)

4. What is your life's purpose?
S: Bad Religion - Godsmack (oh my)
P: Let the Sunshine In - The 5th Dimension (I like this answer!)

5. What is your motto?
S: Gunshot Glitter - Jeff Buckley
P: Jimi Thing - Dave Matthews Band (this one is perfect: "What I want is what I've not got, but what I need is all around me.")

6. What do your friends think of you?
S: Allegro Prestisimo - Bobby McFerrin
P: A Woman's Worth - Alicia Keys (umm...)

7. What do you think of your parents?
S: Treason - Kutless (wow, so not ok)
P: Stay - Dave Matthews Band

8. What do you think about very often?
S: Nature Boy - Moulin Rouge (uhhh)
P: Amazing Grace - Blind Boys of Alabama (wow - I've been reminding myself to have grace all week.)

9. What is 2 + 2?
S: I love to always - Travis
P: A-Tisket A-Tasket - Ella Fitzgerald

10. What do you think of your best friend?
S: Dosvedanya Mio Bombino - Pink Martini (that is so funny in a very bad way)
P: Let's Live it Up - Brian Setzer Orchestra (yep!)

11. What do you think of the person you like?
S: Whatever, Whenever - Groove Armada (hahahaha)
P: Love You Madly - Cake (Okay, now I'm starting to think my iTunes is getting in my head)

12. What is your life story?
S: Healing - Groove Armada (finally we get something good)
P: Let Him Fly - Dixie Chicks (hey...what happened to letting HER fly?)

13. What do you want to be when you grow up?
S: Particle Man - The Bobs (lol)
P: I Got You, I Feel Good - James Brown (does this mean I will grow up to be James Brown?)

14. What do you think of when you see the person you like?
S: Röslein Dreie In Der Reihe - SFYCA (roses three in a row? I thought she liked Gerber Daisies)
P: Drink the Water - Jack Johnson

15. What will you dance to at your wedding?
S: The Piano has been drinking - Tom Waits (never in a million years)
P: Shake Your Groove Thing - Peaches & Herb (Not for the first dance, but pretty awesome)

16. What will they play at your funeral?
S: Table for Two - Caedmon's Call (hmmmmm)
P: So Much To Say - Dave Matthews Band (fine. I will start listening more.)

17. What is your hobby/interest?
S: Kathy's Song - Simon and Garfunkle (huh?)
P: Stand Up For It - Dave Matthews Band (apparently I'm an activist. who knew?)

18. What is your biggest fear?
S: Satisfied Mind - Jeff Buckley
P: Without You - RENT soundtrack (eerie)

19. What is your biggest secret?
S: Angel - Sarah McLachlan
P: Pig - Dave Matthews Band (yes, I am harboring a secret pig. You got me.)

20. What do you think of your friends?
S: Bodyrock - Moby
P: Black Capricorn Day - Jamiroquai

21. How do other people see your life going?
S: Deuces are Wild - Aerosmith
P: Building a Mystery - Sarah McLachlan (I thought I was an open book...)

22. What will you post this as?
S: Song of the open road - Willamette Chamber Choir
P: I Can Tell the World - Moses Hogan Chorale

Okay, if you made it all the way to the end you must be mildly interested. So, if you are one of our blogging buddies (and you know who you are) consider yourself tagged ;)

No comments: