Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Weekend Update: Magic Apron Edition

Are you picturing Tina Fey? Alas, this weekend update probably won't make Saturday Night Live anytime soon. Nonetheless, it was a great weekend!

Jessie came down for a slumber party on Friday night. The baby was hungry for dinner as soon as she arrived so we went to try the new Pastini that just opened near my house. Even though we arrived relatively early - 6:30ish - there was a 40 minute wait. Baby Ella was having none of that. So we drove to Applebee's. 40-minute wait. Then we drove to Block 15 and saw people spilling out the door onto the sidewalk. Finally, we settled on a newer place downtown. I'm referring to it only as "a newer place downtown" because it was ho-hum at best and I'm trying to be nice. So, being dissatisfied with our partially-eaten dinners we did the sensible thing and proceeded directly to Dairy Queen for blizzards! No waiting ;)

Saturday found us trying really hard to sleep in, but failing miserably. So, a little after 8am we were off to Starbucks to fuel up for a day of crafty goodness. Having just received an amazing baby-book kit, Jessie set to work and whipped out about twenty 12x12 layouts. Now all she needs are pictures of Ella to fill them up! So, what was I up to while PJP churned out all those great pages? I finished exactly two pages. Apparently the barista switched Jessie's decaf and my regular as I was in low gear.

When Jessie left on Saturday afternoon I started feeling that weekend obligation to actually do some chores. Boo for chores! In an effort to make it slightly more fun, and to keep myself slightly cleaner in the process, I wrapped my fun apron around my waist and set to work.
Guess what? I have a magic apron! Putting it on transformed me into a domestic goddess! And I got all sorts of things accomplished:
  • ran, folded, and put away four loads of laundry
  • changed the sheets on both beds
  • did some ironing
  • cleaned out the refrigerator
  • paid some bills
  • took out the trash and recycling (so the neighbors could admire the magic apron)
  • swept and vacuumed
  • cleaned wax dribbles off all the candle holders and replaced the candles
  • finished a baby hat for Addison
  • cleaned the laundry room
  • baked peanut-butter cookies for SoundGuy's upcoming visit
See what I mean? MAGIC! I put it on again this afternoon and ended up baking banana bread and banana muffins and doing the dishes. Should you be interested in having your own magic apron, you should check out our friend Andrea's ETSY site, "Knittybitties."

Another highlight of the weekend came this afternoon. After singing the Mozart Coronation Mass -not once, but twice- this morning I got to visit this precious new addition to the world:
This is Addison "Addi" Elizabeth Thompson, born to my good friends Jen and Jonathan on Thursday. I'm not normally a baby person, but had a hunch that my girlfriend's babies would probably be different, and Addi totally proved my theory! She is stinkin' cute! Her alternately-proud-and-overwhelmed father has been a champ, changing every last one of her diapers. Did you notice that she already has great vowel shape? Because that's what I noticed. Look at that nice dropped jaw "ah." I think Addi and I are going to get along fine. (As long as she doesn't take off with my magic apron...)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm so glad your magic apron provides you with such help around the house...maybe I should see if my apron is magic too, never used it for cleaning...wonder if it would magically make my husband less of a mess?

Miss Addison is too cute. Tell Jennifer I say congrats!