Pages

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Night Lights

This evening is a free Friday night for me - what a treat! Nowhere to be, nothing that can't wait until tomorrow, and a little free time on my hands. Naturally I lit the big candle.

And then I did a whole lot of random unrelated things:
1) Chatted with Pam on the phone. Yay for Pam =)
2) Made a sneaky call to my step-dad to discuss birthday presents for his wife. I'm willing to bet she didn't even know it happened - and she was in the same room.

3) Flipped through the most recent batch of pics from Dad's Texas adventures - mostly armadillos and aircraft carriers. Man, armadillos are ugly. So ugly, in fact, that I won't even put them on our blog. Come back when you're cuter, armadillos.

4) Indulged in a Simpsons rerun. Apparently it's been on the air for 20 years (or so they told me at every commercial break...). I love Martin the nerd. He's so sincere.
5) Modeled my new specs. Big thanks to Beth for deciding she was bored with these cute red frames. One trip to the optometrist for a switch of the lenses and I finally have a pair for home and a pair for the office. Maybe now I'll read more... (yes, mom, I am reading with plenty of good light)
6) Speaking of reading, I'm tearing through this ridiculously amusing book.
See how I have my nose in the book? HA! The story is told from the prospective of an Episcopalian church musician who has a day job as a detective - they call it a liturgical mystery. Though it was written to be humorous, the depictions of life with the "frozen chosen" are dead-on. Kind of a glimpse into my future...good thing I find it so uproariously funny!

7) Chatted with a certain Episcopalian church musician on Skype. Anyone in a long-distance relationship will tell you what a life-saver this can be. Especially when your Episcopalian church musician is attending a weekend retreat at a remote abbey in South Dakota. Apparently the monks aren't very concerned with a strong cell signal. Go figure.

8) Blogged about all this nonsense. The end.

3 comments:

Princess Jessie Pants said...

I like your new glasses! So glad you got to light the big candle tonight - what's that the 3rd time in the last year? :)

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!!

Erin said...

Those red glasses are ADORABLE! I am in desperate need of new glasses...I just might have to copy you. Last time I lit my big candle, it overflowed, which they are not supposed to do...I haven't lit it since.

Orgelspieler said...

...Is it wrong that the big candle makes me want to writhe on the ground until my shirt comes off? Hmm... my Mom had 3-wickers around all the time... it's a wonder I EVER had a shirt on! (lol ^_^)