Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

And So it Begins...

"What begins" you ask? Big stuff, my friends, big stuff. First and foremost, today marks SoundGuy's arrival in St. Paul, MN, and the beginning of his journey into the world of sacred music at Luther Seminary and St. Olaf College. That's right - our own SoundGuy is starting graduate school in a few weeks! Since he'll take about half his courses at the Seminary and the other half in St. Olaf's crazy-good music program I think I will be affectionately referring to him as a psuedo-seminarian. (Psuedo-seminarian is fun to say, huh? See - I just made you say it again. I told you it was fun). SoundGuy's forays into the great Midwest as well as life in Seminary were actually the inspiration for this blog. What do the next two years hold? Hotdish & Hallelujahs. And maybe a trip to the Mall of America...

So, while SoundGuy packing his life into his Subaru, leaving his friends and family behind, and moving across the country to follow his dream is kind of a big deal, the REAL news around here is that I have advanced squarely into the realm of 2002 technology and joined the ranks of bloggers everywhere! Look out, people - at this rate I will be podcasting by 2010! Just in time for my mother to get the hang of her brand new iPod...but that's another post. The real irony of my bloggership (umm..."bloggership" isn't in my 1996 Webster's dictionary, but I'm just counting on you all to roll with me here) is this: in real life I'm a big ole blogstalker. Seriously. Even earned myself the nickname "International Blogstalker Extraordinaire" from my blogging girlfriends. I'm sure they can't wait to lurk around without commenting to really give me a taste of my own medicine. But, ya know what? I'm okay with it. Lurk away, ladies. Lurk away. You know I'm a loyal, if elusive, reader and I know my spot on your Google Reader is safe ;)

And, because blog posts are more fun with pictures, here's a little something for your viewing pleasure:

That would be my cargo box atop SoundGuy's car - loaded and ready to take off across the country. See that big, girly, pink flower? I figured that slapping that sticker on the box before he "borrowed" it would ensure that he didn't "forget" to give it back. No self-respecting psuedo-seminarian is going to cruise the streets of his new town sporting a big pink hibiscus on his car, right? Well, that's my logic anyway. And so I bid you a warm Mahalo, pretty pink hibiscus. Thanks for marking my territory. And thank you for ensuring that SoundGuy will be coming back sooner rather than later. Best four bucks I ever spent in Honolulu ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah the blog stalker has a blog! I will show my face however...not be a lurker...well at least part of the time anyway! Love ya!

Erin said...

oops! forgot to switch to my login...after my bold comments about showing my face...hmmmm