Pages

Monday, August 18, 2008

The Trip (a journey in pictures)

Starting in Corvallis Oregon I traveled 2026 to St. Paul Minnesota with my little car packed to the brim.

Here is my little car. The reason you can't see anything in the back window is because there is so much stuff that I put a piece of black cloth over everything to make it less enticing for a thief.

Here's the side view, note the pink flower on the Thule, box. ChoirPres wanted to leave her mark.

The sunrise from Brain's house in The Dalles. Saturday Morning.

Brain's crazy octagonal house.

My first traffic incident was this poor semi. Not sure what happened but was pretty cool to look at.

Looks almost like something in a movie...

When I made it to Missoula, Nicole's Brother and Sister were there with their Pupper's. The little one is Mylee (no clue how they spell it) and the big one staring intently on her throw ball is Bear.

I took about 4 pictures of bear till I got down and noticed she was waiting for me to figure out she wanted to play. Then the fun began.

The whole time of course this little one was attacking Bear like nobodies business but Bear did a pretty good job of ignoring her or giving her a warning growl when needed.

Ben and Treena on the Roof watching the sunset.

The Sunset I enjoyed with ChoirPres' Family...

There always has to be some challenge on a road trip, right? Well, here I am. In the back of the picture, over the hill is where the Battle of Little Bighorn happened. About 50 miles before this I noticed the Check Engine light. Caused me to wonder what was up. The car had a major overhaul before I left. New Timing Belt, New Water Pump, New Fan Belts, Etc. The one thing I didn't check was my oil. Well, either I burned a bunch on the passes or I was low at the beginning of my trip. Thinking how to get myself out of this predicament I called my Mechanic (ok, best friends Dad who I call my mechanic) and asked him, "Can I make it another 200 miles with low oil?" Now that I think about it, that was a really dumb question. He calmly replied, "I wouldn't if I were you." The problem with just throwing a quart of oil in the old engine? Both quarts that I had were nicely stored in the Spare Compartment. Think about it...ya, that's right. My life is on top of that spare. Yay for me and unloading it. So, as you can see I found a nice spot on the road where I would not be bothered and found the oil, topped it off, and trucked along the long....boring and much of the time rolling hills of US Route 212.

Once safely in Rapid City I slept in the Quality Inn right off I-90. Here is the sunrise from Monday Morning.


There's my little car in the shadows at the bottom.


I had to stop in wall so I headed south to check out the badlands. Here is Roo (yes my car is nicknamed Roo, I will explain in another post someday) with grasslands behind him.

I gotta say, the badlands are really cool. Wish I was smiling in this one.


More Badlands.





And finally I arrive in Minneapolis/St. Paul. Here is the view from the iPhone. Yes, cracked windshield and all. I always have to ride in style don't you know.




This is the front of my new Residence.


This is tonight's Sunset. Thanks for coming along on my journey with me.

~SoundGuy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

gotta love long distance road trips with your car loaded to the brim...trust me I've done my fair share of these! love the picture diary and the name of this blog os too hilarious!

Erin said...

oops....forgot to change to my login before posting..secret revealed.