Pages

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Finding The Silver Lining

As the days go by, and I begin to adjust to the fact that Soundguy is not here, and hasn't just run to the grocery store, I'm trying to find the silver lining in this situation. And, in an effort not to sound like a whiny girl who can't get along without some guy, I'm going to post those "silver linings" here as often as I think of them.

So, here is this week's silver lining: I have a LOT of extra time on my hands! My summer schedule is usually lighter anyway, but the departure of my roomie/playmate left me puttering around the house more than usual. This week that extra time and energy was channeled into crafty endeavors. Thought I'd share (sorry, guys, this one's for the chicas! I'm sure Soundguy will post some missive on the inner workings of his iPhone to entertain you sometime soon).

I managed to scrap all of our trip to Washington, D.C. in February.
The highlight of our trip was singing at the National Cathedral. It is a pretty incredible place - impossible to catch on film (or on a 12x12 LO, for that matter...)



These 6x12 LO's aren't really intended to go together...just for the record. The one on the left was right after we'd gone in to see the Hope Diamond (mmm...shiny....). I feel like I need to give an explanation for the bizarre glazed-over expression on my face.
Another performance opportunity was at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. Say that three times fast! You have to give the Catholics credit - when they do it, they do it big - even if it's just naming the church.
And, finally, the last crafty project of the week was knitting a "Lil Critter" hat for Georgina's baby shower. I sure hope George isn't reading today....um...surprise! I was working on it at Jessie's house and got bored with knitting, so she actually finished the last few rows for me. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

And there you have it: the fruits of this week's labor. Good thing I still have a lot of craft projects in mind. I shudder to think what I'll end up doing if I run out of ways to occupy all this free time. Backgammon, anyone? Birdwatching? Dust off my 5th grade stamp collection? Yikes.

1 comment:

Erin said...

cute stuff miss crafty kent! I might need the pattern for that cute little hat.....