Pages

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Got a Light?

This week finds me having made a pilgrimage to the homeland - Montana's Bitterroot Valley to be exact.  My dad has decided to downsize and put his house on the market.  Not a bad idea at all, until you consider just exactly what we're downsizing from.  This man has A LOT of stuff.  A LOT.  A house-full, two-car garage shop (cars don't get parked there because it's full of tools), and three sheds all brimming with "treasure."  A LOT of stuff!  But who better to tackle this organizational olympics than a slightly OCD color-coding, alphabetizing, purge-loving ChoirPres?  Probably that team of people from HGTV, but I don't expect to see them on the front porch anytime soon.  

Dad has quite a few antique and collectable items so we started posting things on Ebay last night.  As I was surveying the scene it occurred to me what an odd assortment of stuff I really will be seeing this week.  So, I think I'll keep you entertained by posting some of the unique (and/or strange...) items we're uncovering.  Speak up if you see something you like ;)

Wednesday's Find:

Matchbooks.  849 of them to be exact.  Of course I counted them - did you not just read the part about slightly OCD?  Besides, we needed an accurate count for the Ebay posting.  Dad started collecting these in the 50's, and spent about 20 years adding to the collection.  The original plan was to lay them all flat and schlack them to the top of a coffee table.  I guess we're in good shape if we decide to give up and burn this place down!

Stay tuned - I'm sure there will be more to come!





1 comment:

Erin said...

I am laughing at the images I have of you in my head counting and sorting and alphabetizing and color coding and inventorying and pulling out your hair....any crafty goodness being hoarded away over there? Wishing you luck and sending you my best organizing and cleaning vibes!