Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Holy Weston Noble, Batman!

A big treat this weekend for this choir dork: a three-day retreat with Weston Noble. Yes, THAT Weston Noble!
I got to listen, be inspired, learn, and even stand next to him and sing. And do you know how much it cost? Nothing! How can this be, you ask? Somehow I stumbled into a little Episcopalian church choir with a director who does big things - including rubbing elbows with Weston Noble. So sweet, 86-year-old, Dr. Noble thought nothing of coming clear across the country to spend three days with our choir. Definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

You know what was almost as good as a front row seat for Dr. Noble? Watching our good buddy (and aspiring choral conductor), Stephen Custer, attempting to write down and retain everything that came out of this man's mouth. When Dr. Noble complimented the height of Steven's eyebrows I thought he might burst from shear glee! And, later, when Dr. Noble GAVE STEPHEN A HUG we had to resuscitate him. Okay, maybe that's a slight exaggeration...Stephen never lost consciousness, but I'm pretty sure his feet left the ground.

Of course, all that inspiration can be exhausting so Becky and I had to take a little break.
We sure are hard workers...

The capper to the weekend was a brunch celebration for Karen's birthday.
That's the birthday girl (not a day over 35!) and our good friends Brett and Paul. Happy Birthday, Karen!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I wasn't going to burst from sheer glee about the eyebrows but I might have passed out when he hugged me. When the king's in town, you write down what he tells you, ok?

Jimusik said...

And I need those notes by the way.