Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

iPhone 2.1 Firmware Update

For anyone paying attention, I did just finish upgrading to the iPhone firmware of 2.1 which was released this morning. These are my findings so far:

  1. Upgrade was easy without having to restore the phone.
  2. All the icons stayed in the same place.
  3. It of course removed my pwnage software but that was expected.
  4. 3G does say that it has more signal than normal in my room along with many others accounting that the phone is indicating better 3G connectivity.
  5. Applications do load much faster.
  6. Backup is much faster.
  7. Battery life seems to be holding a charge a little longer but I need to get through a few days before I confirm that.
  8. Genius feature added to the iPod.
So, if you don't mind losing your jailbreak, upgrade. It seems worth it.

~soundguy

Update: Had application Sync Problems (0xE800002E error) after I tried to update the applications iTunes suggested update. I had to deselect the applications that would not install and install them. Bit of a pain but worth the faster speed. Now to reorder the icons. Sigh.

Update #2: Quickpwned the iPhone and am reinstalling all my little toys. iPhone Dev Team amazes us yet again. Will post update on issues I find.

No comments: